Cherry Blossom Lights

I found this project to make Cherry Blossom Lights while on Pinterest.  This is what you'll need:
Fake flowers, floral tape, battery operated string lights, vase, enamel paint, tissue paper, scotch tape
I started by painting the clear vase I bought at the Dollar Store with blue enamel paint on the inside following this method. You should do this in advance because it does take some time to dry.

Clear Dollar Store vase and enamel paint
Then I took all the flowers and leaves off and removed a few extraneous branches.


Next I put the lights along the branches evenly starting with the stem.  I held them in place with the scotch tape.

Lights evenly spaced out.
Cut the tissue paper into 3x3 inch squares.  For each bulb I did four layers of paper.  Don't worry about making the edges perfect because you cut off most of edges when you make the blossoms.  This method to cut the blossoms worked for me.  Cut a hole in the bottom and slip it around each bulb.

Tissue paper flower wrapped around each light and taped down.
Wrap all the stems with the floral tape.  Then fluff each flower.  I used some fake moss to hold the flowers up and cover the battery pack.

Even prettier in the dark.
Cost:
Fake Flowers: $0.50 (after Christmas sale at Dollar Tree)
Tissue Paper: $1.00
Vase: $1.00
Paint: $1.79
Floral Tape: $1.00
Lights: $3.50 (after Christmas sale at Target)
Total Cost: $8.79

Total Time: 2 hours (not including paint drying time)

Comments