Homemade Windex

One of my goals this year was to make my own cleaning supplies as the store-bought ones ran out.  Well, today I ran out of Windex.  I was tempted to just go to the store and buy more, but then googled Homemade Windex and all these recipes came up.

They were all fairly similar requiring ammonia, alcohol, dishwashing soap, and water.  I knew the dollar store across the street had ammonia and everything else I had already, so I figured I would give it a try.  I decided to use Calamity Anne's recipe because her name rocks.  These are the ingredients I used:
Dish soap, ammonia, alcohol, and a used spray bottle.
I used the old Windex bottle, so I didn't even have to label it.  Total cost for this was the dollar I spent on the ammonia and I only used 1/8 cup of it.  Total time to make it was less than 5 minutes.

I just tried it on my mirror and it works.  Is it a clone of Windex?  No, it smells different and takes a bit longer to dry, but the mirror is clean and streak free so I consider that a win.





Comments

Post a Comment