Week Four - Goals Update

My GOALS Update

Culture
Goal: Do one cultural thing a week.
Actual: I went to Los Encinos State Historic Park.  Perfect for a short trip back in time just up the 101 in Encino.

Crafty
Goal: Do one crafty thing each week.
Actual: I made Shrinky Dinks.  Here's one of them:

Peacock Pendant
Writing
Goal: Write 10 pages a week
Actual: None.  I'm the worst.  But, I've been super busy this week.  Helped out at two casting offices.  So that'll be my excuse.

Exercise
Goal: Exercise 4 times a week.
Actual: 3 Days.  I did two of my 20 minute morning workouts.  On Tuesday I parking 15 minutes walk from work, so I'm going to count that as a 30 minute workout.

Eating Better
Goal: Make 3 homemade dinners a week.
Actual: One night I made Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.  Mostly because it doesn't take too long and it is also tasty.  But, it's certainly not healthy with the cheese and cream.  Tonight Ricardo made me my favorite dinner Chicken Mole.

Another day I made Stuffed Bell Peppers.  Turned out very yummy.  One hint to make it easier I heard from my friend, Eileen, is to use a muffin tin to hold them up while they bake.  Click here to see her wonderful cooking blog with all types of helpful hints like that.

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed Bell Peppers
6 bell peppers (4 to be stuffed and 2 to chop up for the filling)
1 yellow onion chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 clove of garlic
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 chopped cilantro
1 cup cooked rice
Red pepper flakes to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

Pick the 4 prettiest bell peppers, cut off the tops and pull out the seeds.  Place them in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes until they are slightly tender.  Remove them with a slotted spoon and rest them on a plate.

Saute the onion and two of the peppers in a bit of oil until tender.  Then throw in the garlic and saute for another minute.  Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.  Once browned add the cooked rice, tomato sauce, cilantro, worchestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes.  Mix well.

Line a baking dish with tin foil.  Fill each pepper with the rice and beef mix.  Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.  Let rest for ten minutes before serving.

Total Cost: $8
Total Time: 1 hour

So, how are your New Years resolutions coming?

Comments