Week Two

Update on how my GOALS are coming along.

Culture
Goal: Do at least one cultural thing each week.
Actual:  I went to see the Shrine of Aviation in Burbank

Craftiness
Goal: Make at least one craft a week.
Actual: I tried to crochet a coffee cup cozy.  Not very successfully.  But I did make a nice knotted earbud cord cover.

Writing
Goal: Write 10 pages a week
Actual: Wrote 4 pages.  Really not good at this one.

Exercise
Goal: 4 exercise type things a week.
Actual: Gah, I don't want to talk about it.

Eating Better
Goal: Cook 3 dinners a week.
Actual: We didn't go out this week at all.  I made two nice dinners and the other evenings I ate more instant type meals like mac and cheese and Progresso soups.  Here are the two nice meals I cooked.

Cooked Orzo with tomatoes and cheesy Spinach.  (I needed a way to use up the leftover spinach dip from New Year's Eve.)  Heat up a can of diced tomatoes on the stove and add a cup of cooked orzo.  Take off heat.  Stir in a cup of cold spinach dip.  I used this recipe for the spinach dip but I changed it by adding artichokes to the spinach and using a whole package of cream cheese.  Total Cost:  Nothing! Yay for leftovers.  Total Time: About 10 minutes and 6 of those are waiting for the orzo to cook.

Crock Pot Orange Ginger Chicken.  I found a healthier version of the restaurant staple here.  Basically I chopped up the veggies and chicken.  Seasoned the chicken and tossed everything in the crock pot, covered with the liquid.  I followed the recipe, but added some soy sauce to it and kept tasting it until it seemed right.  Then put orange slices on top so it would look pretty. 

Orange Ginger Crock Pot Chicken
Once it was done I scooped out most of the sauce and thickened it on the stove with a bit of butter and flour.  I love my crock pot.  Throw everything in first thing in the morning and an hour later your house smells amazing.  Dinner is ready whenever you want it.  Total Cost: $9; but it would have been less if I didn't have to buy the orange juice.  Total Time: 20 minutes of chopping and such then 6 hours of letting it cook.

A decent week.

Comments