Chicken Dijon

For dinner last night, I wanted to do something different with chicken.  I used to love this spicy mustard chicken at a restaurant I used to wait tables at.  So, I decided to come up with my own version.

Spicy Mustard Chicken
Chicken Dijon
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Spicy Mustard
1/4 cup French's Fried Onions
1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
Crushed Red Pepper to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix both mustards, vinegar, red pepper, salt, and pepper.  Cover each chicken breast with mustard mixture and coat with fried onions.  Place in a shallow dish.  Bake for 50-60 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.  It's done when the juices run clear.  How easy is that?

I made it with roasted potatoes and green beans.  For the potatoes I diced them and tossed them with olive oil and 21 Salute Seasoning.  Baked them for 30 minutes in the 375 degree oven.  I blanched he green beans for 5 minutes in boiling water.  Then I sauteed them with a bit of oil olive and a tablespoon of the apple cider vinegar for a few minutes.


Comments