Week 8 Goals Update

Reached week 8 and I was so busy this week that I didn't get a chance to post about my craft or any recipes.  So, let's go through the goals.

CULTURE
Goal: Do one cultural thing a week.
Actual:  This week was chocked full of culture for me. 

Valentine's was Ricardo and my annual trip to the Blue Bayou at Disneyland.  Expensive but tasty and I love watching the Pirates of the Caribbean boats go by and the pretend lightning bugs flashing in the distance. 

Then I had Galentine's Day on Wednesday with two of my friends.  We had dinner in Santa Monica and saw the Cirque du Soleil show, OVO.  The show was spectacular and as an artist it reminded me the importance of working on your craft.  Every performer in the show was so perfect, I can't begin to imagine the hours of pain that went into perfecting every movement they made.

On Saturday I got the chance to laugh at the Gibbon's Tail show at Playhouse West. 

CRAFT
Goal: Make one craft each week.
Actual:  I made another t-shirt pillow.  This one out of an old Pulp Fiction t-shirt that was too stretched out for Ricardo.  Makes a good throwing pillow when someone is annoying you.

Pulp Fiction Throw Pillow
I also spent lots of time working on my new website.  It's still a work in progress.

EXERCISE
Goal: Work out at least 4 times a week
Actual: Walked around Disney for one day.  Walked around Santa Monica in heels for another.  Did one 20 minute morning workout.

EAT BETTER
Goal: Cook 3 meals a week.
Actual:  Only one this week since I was out and about being all cultural this week.  For Walking Dead this week we made tostadas, what I like to call Mexican pizzas.  One of my favorite meals when there is a large group because you can appease all dietary issues since people can put on what they want on each tostada. 

Make it like a taco bar.  I have refried beans and ground beef mixed with taco seasoning on the stove.  Then the fun part is all the toppings: salsa, sour cream, lettuce, cheese (queso fresco and monterrey jack), and guacamole.

This week I'll try to put together a nice craft DIY for y'all.

Comments