Lemon Cilantro Chicken

I was craving some Indian food.  My friend, Eileen, posted about Lemony Chicken with Cilantro on her blog.  I decided to scour the web to find a similar recipe because I love me some cilantro.  I found one on the Smell My Plate blog.

Lemony Chicken with Cilantro
There are lots of spices and 3 cups of cilantro, plus ginger and garlic.  It was extremely tasty.  In my household the only complaint was that they wished it was hotter, so next time I will probably add some more chile pepper and cayenne.

I served it with jasmine rice, naan, and raita.  Here is my raita recipe:

Raita
8 oz of thick Greek yogurt
1 persian cucumber peeled and diced very small
2 garlic clove
Handful of mint leaves chopped small
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least an hour, but the longer you let it sit the more the flavors will come out.

Comments

Post a Comment