Chicken Curry

Tonight for dinner I decided to make a Chicken Curry.  I blended these two recipes together: Chicken Curry Soup and One-Wok Chicken Curry.  I don't have a wok, but I wanted the veggies and potatoes from the wok one.  It smelled really good, but the curry flavor wasn't very strong.  I think my powder may be a bit old and I should have added more.

Chicken Curry with rice
Chicken Curry
2 lb chicken cut into cubes
2 small potatoes cut in half and then into 1/4" slices
1 green bell pepper diced
1 shallot diced small
1 jalapeno diced small
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 can coconut milk
1/2 can chicken broth
1 lime
handful of cilantro

In a very hot pan add oil and saute chicken.  Just to brown it on all sides, don't worry about cooking it through.    Remove chicken to a plate.  Saute the shallot and jalapeno in same pan for 2 minutes.  Add the curry powder to the pan and heat for a bout 30 seconds.  Add the chicken back to the pan and coat it with the curry.  Add the coconut milk and chicken broth with the potatoes and bell pepper.  Cook for 20 minutes until the potato is cooked through.  Take it off the heat.  Add the juice of one lime and the cilantro.  Serve with rice.

Comments