We are a Third of the Way Through 2012!

Here we are at week 16.  As usual, I'm going to go through what I did this week towards my goals.

BEING CRAFTY
Goal: Make one crafty thing a week.
Actual:  I made some miniature Jane Austen Books (although, without any writing on the inside.)

Miniature Jane Austen Books
Truthfully I haven't figured out what to do with them.  Maybe another necklace?  But if you want to know how I made them, I used the same basic tutorial as I did for my miniature journal pendant.  The only difference is that I used paper with images of the book covers instead of leather.

GETTING CULTURED
Goal: Do one cultural thing a week.
Actual:  Okay, this is bad - a second week of not doing anything cultural.  I have excuses like I we are down to one car this week and I spent some time car shopping.  I also actually wrote something (more on that in a minute.)  But, all in all not a good thing.  Will try to improve next week.

WRITING
Goal: Write 10 pages a week.
Actual:  Yay!  I actually can write something here.  I didn't do ten pages on my novel, but I did write a 7 page short film.  Hopefully, we will get a chance to film it soon!

EXERCISE
Goal: Exercise 4 times a week.
Actual:  I am starting a new exercise plan that is supposed to make me into a runner.  This is hilarious to me because I hate running, but everyone says that eventually you get to the point where you like it.  I assume it's because of the all the brain cells you kill while your brain is bouncing around in your skull as you are running that you are able to convince yourself that it is fun.  But, here is the plan I'm using to become a runner.  So far, I've gone out three times this week doing the first level: 6 minutes walking and 1 minute running.  Go me!

EAT BETTER
Goal: Three homecooked meals a week.
Actual:  I am really starting to focus on being more healthy with what I make at home.  The first meal was Pesto Chicken with baked Zucchini

Pesto Chicken and Baked Zucchini
They pesto chicken was so easy.  Make or buy a cup of pesto sauce.  Pour half of sauce in baking dish; add chicken.  I used chicken breasts that I had cut into strips.  Pour the rest of the pesto on top.  Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove foil.  Add a handful of shredded mozzarella.  Bake for another 10 minutes.  If you want the cheese browned stick it under the broiler for 5 minutes.  I served it with zucchini I had tossed with olive oil and 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe's.  Squeezed half a lemon on top and baked it for 30 minutes.

I also made Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions with Cannellini Beans with Tomatoes.

Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Another easy one.  Bake the sausage in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, turning once.  Let rest for 5 minutes then slice in half length wise.  While you are doing that caramelize peppers and onions in a pan.  Once they get a nice brown on them deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of beer (I used Stella).  Add sausages to pan to get a nice brown on them.

For the cannellini beans, I started by sauteeing onions in some olive oil on the stove.  Once the onions are translucent add garlic and saute for a minute.  Add two cans of cannellini beans drained and one can of diced tomatoes (not drained).  Cook down til the liquid is thickened.  I added some oregano and basil to give it an Italian flavor.  I served it with a bit of feta cheese on top.

Everyone seemed to enjoy both  these dishes.  We didn't even have any leftovers of either!

Comments