Quote Pendant

I love quotes.  Especially quotes about stars.  One of my favorites is, "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" from The Old Astronomer to his Pupil by Sarah Williams.  I thought it would make a lovely necklace.

"I have loved the stars too fondly..." Pendant
First I Googled pictures of stars (look how many choices you have) and picked one I liked.  I wish I knew how to use Photoshop because I bet the next step would be easier if I did.  Since I don't, I put the picture onto Word and used a text box to write the quote on top of it.  Printed and cut it out leaving extra paper around the edge.

Quote, cardboard, jump rings, Mod Podge, and leather scrap.
I used some Mod Podge to glue the quote to a piece of cardboard that I cut to the size I wanted the pendant to be.

Glue the edges down on the back.

I painted the back blue and glued a small piece of scrap leather to the back.
I then covered the front with Mod Podge and let it dry.  I painted on a small border with the blue paint and then used a toothpick to add some glitter.  I dotted a couple of the stars in the picture with the glitter and added it to the border as well.

Blue border and glitter added.  Yay, glitter!
Then I did two more layers of Mod Podge.

Hammer in a nail to make the hole for the jump ring.
I haven't gotten a chain for it yet.  But was thinking I could make a ton of these with all my favorite quotes for my different moods.

Comments