Week 17 Goal Update

We are now at Week 17.  Let's catch up and see how I'm doing.

CULTURE
Goal: Do one thing cultural thing a week.
Actual:  I visited the Hollyhock House in Hollywood.  Frank Lloyd Wright's first house in Los Angeles built for Aline Barnsdall and sits on top of the hill in the Barnsdall Art Park.

CRAFT
Goal: Do one craft each week.
Actual: I tried to make my own laundry detergent and learned a very important lesson.  Baking soda is not washing soda and if you mix baking soda into boiling water it will explode all over your stove top.  I am going to go on a hunt for washing soda this week.

WRITING
Goal: Write ten pages a week.
Actual: I did a rewrite on my short film.

EXERCISE
Goal: Work out at least 3 times.
Actual:  I am on week two of learning how to be a runner.

EAT BETTER
Goal: Cook three homemade meals.
Actual: I have been trying to eat healthier and try to go back to the good carbs, good fats of South Beach (and failing at least once a day, but oh well.)  I did make a very yummy crock pot chicken cacciatore. 
Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore with Rice
CROCK POT CHICKEN CACCIATORE
2 lbs chicken
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 cup chicken stock (or a dry red wine)
1 8oz can tomato paste
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper

Place onions and peppers on bottom of crock pot.  Put the garlic on top and lay chicken on top of that.  Mix the stock, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, oregano, and basil.  Pour the mixture over the chicken.  Toss in the bay leaves.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Heat on low for 7-9 hours.
Serve over rice and top it with a bit of cheese.








Comments