Soy Ginger Chicken

Last week we ran out of soy sauce at my house.  Naturally, without consulting each other, both my sister and I bought huge bottles to remedy the problem.  Now we have a plethora of soy sauce in our house, so I figured I needed to find some recipes to use it.  Here is one I came up with.

Soy Ginger Chicken, roasted green beans, and rice.
Soy Ginger Chicken
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp fresh Ginger, grated
1 clove Garlic, sliced thin
Pepper to taste
2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken

Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl and adjust to taste.  Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least a half hour or up to 4 hours in the fridge.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Lay the chicken in a baking dish and pour most of the mixture over it (I left about 2 tbsp to roast the green beans in.)  Bake the chicken for 35 minutes until cooked through, turn once during cooking.

For the green beans: A single layer of the green beans on a baking sheet and pour the rest of the soy ginger sauce on top.  Bake at 375 degree for 12 minutes, turning once.

Comments