T-Shirt Upcycle

I attend lots of events that give out free shirts, which leaves me with lots of over-sized shirts I never wear.  I decided to see what I could do with one of them without any sewing (I am terrible at sewing) and this is what I came up with:

Upcycled large T-Shirt
First, I cut the neck wide starting at about three inches from the sleeve.  Then I cut the sleeves at an angle from the armpit to the seam.  And I took an inch off the bottom along the seam.

With the neck, arms, and bottom cuts.
Now I wanted to add some accents to the sides and I followed the t-shirt weaving turtorial on the Happy Together blog.  First I cut small finger-width slits along the sides.  I didn't want big gaps so each slit was only about an inch long.

Slits cut down the side
Then I weaved it together following the pattern and each side looked like this:

Woven sides of the shirt.
And this is what it looks like on:

Tightly woven on the sides
I think this turned into a shirt I'd actually wear and there was no sewing involved.  So, yay!

Comments

  1. So funny - I was actually thinking, just today, about the fact that you hadn't posted a craft lately, and here it is! Very cute! More, more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment