Crafty Toddler: Wax Paper Stained Glass

Every day I try to do a crafty project with the Hulk. This, of course, is overly ambitious. Most of the time he has zero interest in the crafty things I spend way too much time and energy putting together. Wax Paper Stained Glass is an easy craft that won't take you too much time, so if the kid decides to bundle up the paper and paint the back of his hands instead you won't feel too disappointed.

Hulk takes his crafting serious.
There are multiple mediums you can use to achieve the stained glass look. The traditional shaved crayon that you iron didn't seem like the best idea for a 2-year-old, unless you want an impossible to clean mess and to spend time picking wax out of toddler teeth. We tried permanent markers (have to be permanent, others just bead up and won't set) and paint (I used the washable paint because it dries a bit clear.)
Yeah, I just realized my old t-shirt he is wearing has a not so appropriate word on it.
The paint held his attention longer than the markers did, which is weird because Hulk normally bores of paint quickly, but that's what I get for trying to predict what my kid is gonna do. He did try to eat the paint a few times because even though he didn't like the taste the first time he had to be sure he really didn't like it.

Super easy to do. Just paint the paper. You don't want the paint too thick so that you can see through it. 

We also painted some popsicle sticks so I could make a frame for his finished masterpiece. I just glued them around the edge.

Hulk titled this "Fireworks"
This is a seriously easy and cheap project. In the end he loved holding his creations up to the light.

WAX PAPER STAINED GLASS
Expense: I had everything at my house.
Effort: 1 out of 5 (just cut the paper and laid out the paints)
Toddler Approved: 5 out of 5
Hulk's Age: 2.5 years




Comments