Because I want it to be Fall Already: AUTUMN FINGER PRINT TREE

I love autumn and Halloween. Once the pumpkin spice hits the store shelves, I am ready to plaster my house with skeletons, spiderwebs, and pumpkins (much to my hubby's chagrin.) Of course, living in LA means it doesn't really feel like fall and the trees pretty much stay green. So, decor is all we have to remind us that it is actually autumn.

He is an easy fall art project for a toddler to get your fall decor started.


Finger print autumn leaves on a tree.

For the prep, I cut out a tree from brown construction paper and pasted it to a black sheet. Then I dug out the washable paints (which are a total godsend!) Since the last time we used paint Hulk was more interested in smearing it together to make new colors (that sounds like another activity in the making,) I decided we would paint with each color individually. I poured each color on to its own paper plate - since this is an fall tree I went with yellow, orange, and red.


As usual, it was hard to convince Hulk to use his fingers to paint and I had to keep a paper towel close by to clean them as he kept freaking out about having dirty hands. A few of those fingerprints are my own as I tried to coax him to do it.


The final project looks pretty cool and if you are feeling ambitious you could add the moon or an owl to the tree.

AUTUMN FINGER PRINT TREE
Expense: $0 (unless you need to buy the paint which was $6 for 6 colors on Amazon)
Parental Effort: 3 out of 5 (hey, I had to cut the tree)
Toddler Approved: 3 out of 5
Hulk's Age: 2.5

Comments