Because Toddlers Love Testing Gravity: Set up a Dropping Station

Hulk loves testing gravity by dropping stuff on the floor, even better it can go through something like his favorite thing in the world - a tunnel! Here is an activity that can help direct that desire - a dropping station.

The cat is fascinated by the dropping station
Just take a used paper towel roll (I told you those things are craft GOLD) and cover it with decorative tape. Then attach to the side of something at toddler height and you have an easy activity.

Dropping Station: Paper Towel Roll, fancy tape, popsicle sticks

I found some pretty, shiny duct tape at my dollar store to cover the roll. I was hopeful that Hulk's legos would fit for a fun clean up legos idea, but alas they did not. Instead I got some popsicle sticks for him to drop into the tube. You could have your little decorate them, but naturally Hulk was not in the least bit interested in that. Instead I colored them and added numbers so it could be somewhat educational.


I tried using poster sticker tabs to stick it to the side of our new IKEA organizer, but this did not withstand the Hulk's strength. I ended up just using more duct tape and it held much better. I am sure you could figure out a permanent way to hold it up there, but I have not.


Hulk loves trying to put different things down it to see if they fit. Many of his cars do, but his ball does not. He keeps going back to this and putting stuff in it. So, I'd say this is a success!

DROPPING STATION
Expense: $3 (Fancy tape, popsicles sticks, and bin - all from dollar store)
Parental Effort: 3 out of 5 (for the popsicle stick coloring mostly)
Toddler Approved: 5 out of 5
Hulk's Age: 2.5 years


Comments