Working on Colors, Numbers, and Puzzles

Need a good way to kill some time with a toddler? Wander through an Ikea. Hulk loves to pretend to sleep on all of the beds and sit in all of the chairs, not to mention play with all the toys in the kids' area. On the last trip we found a cool number puzzle called the Pyssla Puzzle.

Pyssla Puzzle from Ikea
It comes in unfinished wood so Hulk got to paint it. I turned to my trusty Crayola washable paints. They dry a little translucent which I think works well on the wood.


I separated the paints into their own plates so any mixing is purposeful. I decided to stick with the primary colors. We played a little with mixing colors and practiced our counting as we painted. (I painted the frame because I felt like getting my paint on, too.)


I really like the modern art look of the finished puzzle.

WOODEN IKEA PUZZLE
Expense: $5 
Parental Effort: 1 out of 5
Toddler Approval: 5 out of 5
Hulk's Age: 2.5 years


Comments