Fluffy Ghosts: Easy Toddler Craft for Halloween

I love Halloween and am trying to instill that love of all ghosts, ghouls, and other haunts into the Hulk. And despite what my husband may believe, there is definitely more space for Halloween decorations in my house. Here is an easy craft ghost using the shaving cream puffy paint technique, as well as cotton balls.


I started by cutting out ghosts from white paper. I went with the Pac-Man style ghost. I folded each page into 4 sections, drew the ghost on it, and cut them out all at once. The puffy paint recipe: mix together 1/4 cup white glue and 1/2 cup white shaving cream. I kept one bowl white and did a second bowl with green paint (Crayola washable) for Slimer type ghost look.

           

I also put out a pile of cotton balls. This way Hulk had a choice - he could either paint the ghosts or dip the cotton balls in the paint and stick it to the paper. He seemed to prefer the cotton ball method. I think the puffy paint is so cool and I just can't get Hulk into it.

    

I think these could be a cool Halloween garland. You could even add googly eyes and mouths if you wanted to spend the time.

FLUFFY GHOSTS
Cost: $3 (cotton balls, glue, and shaving cream - all dollar store items)
Parental Effort: 4 out of 5 (for making the ghosts and mixing the paint)
Toddler Approved: 3 out of 5 (for the cotton balls not the puffy paint)

Comments