For When the Leaves Finally Fall

I am pushing for Fall to finally show up in SoCal as I sit in shorts and sandals in 90 degree weather - in October! I decided to pretend it is cooler out by collecting some of the leaves that have already fallen for leaf print painting.


As you can probably tell from the final product, this devolved quickly from leaf printing to lets stick leaves and other items in the paint and glue them to the paper. The couple actual leaf prints on the page were done by me. I was fine with that since this activity will be better once the leaves start falling from the trees in earnest anyway.

Hulk and I began this project with a walk around the neighborhood looking for the leaves, flowers, and other nature things to use in the project. This is what Hulk collected:


The leaf printing part was a bit difficult for Hulk to grasp. I think that is a project for when he is a bit older. The trick is that the paint needs to be thick enough, but not too thick on the leaf and getting the right consistency is hard. Hulk discovered the flowers make fun paint brushes, its cool to have multi-colored paintd leaves, and sticks are fun to glue to paper.


I have to say Hulk's favorite part of this project was the walk around the neighborhood looking for nature. As more leaves actually start turning beautiful colors we will definitely be doing more activities with them. I just need to find something more age appropriate.

Leaf Printing
Cost: $0
Parental Effort: 2 out of 5
Toddler Approved: 1 out of 5
Hulk's Age: 2.5

Comments