Halloween Toddler Craft: Footprint Ghosts

As you guys may know from my earlier posts, my 2 year old is not really into painting. It entertains him for maybe five minutes and then he is off. Also, he hates to be dirty. As soon as a drop of paint gets on his finger he cries until I wipe it away.

But, here I go trying another painting craft, one that involves paint covering a body part none-the-less, because I am obviously a masochist.


One day a week, I watch my sister's daughter who is only 3 months old. I decided to do these footprint ghosts on a day I had her so I could make my sister a gift as well. This is a craft that involves lots of work on the parent's part and very little involvement from the kid. So, if you are looking to get your little one something hands-on this is not the craft.

What you need is black paper, white non-toxic paint, a paint brush, and wipes.

Hulk wasn't nearly as upset with his foot covered in paint as I thought he would be.
One helpful hint is to get everything set up to go before you crack open the paint. For the infant, I placed her in a boppy pillow and my 2-year-old was tied into his booster seat so he couldn't escape. I set out the paper, wipes, and then poured a bit of paint onto a plate.

Cover your little one's foot with paint. It works best with a thick coat of paint. When you do the actual prints lay the black sheet of paper on a flat surface and stamp the foot. As you can see on the sheet below, the crazy messed up print was one I tried to do midair.


I did the prints on one sheet of paper and then cut out the ones I wanted and glued them to another sheet of paper. Draw on eyes and a mouth with a sharpie onto the heal part of the foot. I guess the toes are ghost feet? I dunno, just go with it.

Cute-sy saying to add on the final product is "From your little Boo."

FOOTPRINT GHOSTS
Cost: $6 for the white paint (it came in a set with other colors so I'd say only $1 for the white paint)
Parental Effort: 5 out of 5 (so much cutting and cleaning up)
Toddler Approved: 4 out of 5 (he liked the end product and he really didn't have to do much)
Hulk's Age: 2.5 years

Comments