Toddler Thanksgiving Craft: Turkey Handprints

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! I decided to try to make those cute turkey handprint pictures we all made in preschool with Hulk today. I'm watching my niece today, so I did a footprint picture with her since she is a bit young for handprints. They both turned out adorable.


I tackled these similarly to how we did the Ghost prints for Halloween. I set everything up before we start putting paint on anything and used the Crayola washable paints. I didn't have any brown, so I mixed my own - blue, red, yellow, and black. I also had plenty of wipes at the ready for easy clean-up.


My original plan for the footprints was for her to do five for the feathers, but she is in the kicking like crazy stage so we only got three. I did the feathers in three colors - all on the same foot. Paint the foot, press down, wipe foot, repeat. I did a fourth footprint on top in brown to be the turkey body.

For the handprint, I painted each of Hulk's fingers a different color, his palm and thumb brown.


Just pressed his hand down on the paper and we had our turkey. To make the turkeys clearer, I outlined with a sharpie. Add a beak, a snood (that red thing that dangles from a turkey's chin in case you wanted to know what that is called), and a some feet - then you got a turkey.

Handprint Turkey
Parental Effort: 4 out of 5 (you are doing all the work)
Toddler Approved: 3 out of 5
Hulk's Age: almost 3

Comments