Daily Goals and Not Trying to be Perfect

Every New Year it seems I try to get organized and then fail miserably. Resolutions tend to be too grand scale for me. This year I am trying something a little different, I created a list of daily goals and then I am giving myself permission to not complete all the tasks each day. One thing I read that resonated with me was that it is about progress not perfection.

My daily goals are things I know I CAN achieve like write one hour a day, clean or organize for 30 minutes, and go outside each day.

A big thing I've put on my daily list is to create lesson plans for my almost three year old and be better about scheduling our days. I'm not going to be too stringent on a schedule, but at least go into the day with a basic layout. I'm hoping this will get him a bit ready for when he does go to school. I will eventually write a post that goes a bit more into what those plans/schedule looks like.

So far it is going pretty well. It's the first week of the year and I've already cleaned out 3 of my junk drawers. Question: once you run out of room in your junk drawers are you supposed to move or what?

Comments