Paint a Mini Watercolor Bouquet with Me



Supply List
(Not Sponsored; just stuff I love and use)

Paints: Lonely Moon Arts in Welles (purple/magenta), Bacall (peachy gold), Keaton (light green/silver), May (forest green/gold), Bright (holographic sparkles) 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lonelymoonarts​
Brushes: The Pigeon Letters Round 2 and Round 3/0
https://www.thepigeonletters.com/​
Paper: Legion Stonehenge Aqua Cold Press Black 100% cotton

Black watercolor paper seems a bit daunting. I mean, watercolor is translucent so how would this paper even work? I found this itty-bitty trial pad of it to test out.

I discovered it is perfect to show off those shimmery colorshift paints like these handmade paints by Lonely Moon Arts.

I love painting a quick, loose floral bouquet to start my day. I'm always amazed how some simple blobs of paint can turn into flowers with the right details and negative space. 

Some tips for an easy loose floral bouquet:
1. Place your flowers in an "S" shape to pull the eye around the painting. 
2. Avoid even numbers. Your eye looks for pairs and gets bored when it finds them.
3. You don't need a lot of leaves, a few around the edges give the feeling of a full bouquet.
4. When painting flowers always remember to point your petals toward the center of the flower and leaves toward where the stems would be.



Comments